Energy Risk Sales Manager
Aug. 8 2021
Are you skilled in energy risk management products and do you have strong sales and commercial skills? We are looking for an experienced Energy Risk Sales Manager to join our growing team.
An established company with consistent growth
Global Risk Management is a leading provider of customised energy price risk hedging solutions and we combine our in-depth knowledge of the energy market, finance, and transport to guide and help our clients. We have been in the business for 15 years and have offices in Singapore, Houston, Copenhagen, Aarhus, and Middelfart.
We have a collegiate commercial structure that accelerates decision-making and encourages knowledge exchange across our group. Our strong management and private ownership structure allow for flexibility in our strategy and work environment.
You will be situated in one of our offices in Denmark, either in Copenhagen or Middelfart.
An exciting role in a growing team
In this role as Energy Risk Sales Manager, your biggest responsibility is to create value for Global Risk Management through active marketing of European gas, coal, and EUA markets and associated derivatives instruments. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Promote the market, making services of GRM to new and existing European clients primarily in gas, coal and EUAs; across all appropriate industry segments
- Develop new client relationships and possibly bring an existing book of business
- Contribute to the development of research and marketing material, helping provide some commercial input to the group who produce such reports (along with others in sales)
- A proactive approach to cross marketing of energy products including supporting and promoting trading deals involving the oil and/or the electricity trading units of GRM.
- Rigorous risk management and daily reporting
- Full compliance with internal and external policies, rules, and regulations
A great salesperson with a creative and commercial mindset
We expect that you have extensive knowledge within the industry and have a commercial mindset. You are proactive, creative and explore commercial ideas around optimisation and new ways of working and engaging with the energy markets. Furthermore, you have:
- 4-8 years of experience on European gas sales, marketing and structuring within a bank/ financial institution or a utility/ trading company.
- Excellent understanding of trading systems, exchange rules and OTC markets
- Rigorous understanding of financial derivatives’ risks, regulations, and product specific trading rules
- Ability to take high level of responsibility in an expanding, highly motivated team