Jul. 7 2022
Do you thrive in a high paced environment and want to work with power trading in Europe?
As Power Trader at Global Risk Management (GRM), you will be part of the trading team of 4 people in Aarhus. As a result of growth, the team is looking to expand with new colleagues and is therefore looking for both a senior trader and a newly graduated to join the team.
The Power Trading activities are present at 4 European markets (UK, France, Austria, and The Netherlands) – trading 24/7 every day of the year. As a trader, you will be interpreting market data, daily trading on European power markets, using your in-depth knowledge of the energy market, reacting to market signals and being a part of entering new markets.
The responsibilities cover:
Market research and position strategy
- Be a part of optimising the asset portfolio in the short-term markets
- Interpretive market data and react to market signals
- Conduct local market research on the environmental commodities market and contribute to the company’s growth efforts
- Help to gain access to additional European markets
- Involvement and influencing business development with new types of energy which can help provide opportunities to the trading business
- Daily trading in the short-term power markets in Europe
- Create new commodity deal structures meeting GRM and clients’ needs
- Develop, test, and execute new trading strategies and improve existing ones
- Share the responsibility for achieving the goals of the trading business
- Collaborate with the team and peers to structure deals for the benefit of the customer and GRM
- Communicate daily with customers
- Actively approach new customers to build the customer database
Your qualifications as Power Trader are well-developed within market research. You have experience with European trading and intraday trading preferable within power, but it could also be other types of assets.
If you are recently graduated from university and have no experience with trading yet, this could also be an attractive opportunity for you. You are fluent in English both oral and written.
You probably have a Master’s degree in finance or economics (e.g., cand.merc.finance, cand.merc.fib, cand.oecon or similar) and thrive in a high paced environment, where the decision making has to be fast. You are comfortable with decisions based on calculated risks and are a team player.
GRM offers an interesting position with great opportunities for personal and professional development in the organisation and in other international markets.
Domicile: Aarhus N
We cooperate with HR consultancy Unique Human Capital with this position, so please send you application here.
For more details about the job or the company, please contact Research Manager, Henriette Toftgaard Pedersen, Unique Human Capital on M: +45 60 21 02 31. All applications must be in English and are treated confidentially.