Student Assistant, Financial Controller & Quantitative Risk Analyst
Oct. 10 2021
Do you want to be part of an ambitious and dynamic department, and do you want to invest your talent in a job with possibilities to grow? Then Global Risk Management might have exactly what you are looking for.
An established company with consistent growth
Global Risk Management is a leading provider of customised energy price risk hedging solutions, and we combine our in-depth knowledge of the energy market, finance, and transport to guide and help our clients. We have been in the business for 15 years and have offices in Singapore, Houston, Copenhagen, Aarhus, and Middelfart. You will be situated in our headquarter in Middelfart.
We provide tailored risk management through a total commitment to energy markets and our position within Bunker Holding Group. Through our deep derivatives, energy- and trading knowledge we help clients create economic certainties.
About the job
As a Student Assistant you will be part of our Middle Office team and will be reporting to our Head of Middle Office. The position is part-time, approx. 10-15 hours per week. You will be working in close cooperation with the Middle Office team as well as relevant stakeholders in our global organisation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing performance reports
- Supporting the organization with analytics
- Data modelling and maintaining reports and similar
- Be part of the daily operation in Middle office with control of prices and positions and M2M of financial transactions both against internal and external clients and counterparts.
- Back up and duty in evenings can be a possibility
- Other ad hoc tasks
A student with great communicative skills and willingness to learn
You are a student within economics or finance at a bachelor’s or master’s level and want to build upon your academic knowledge with practical experience. You possess exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and pays attention to details. At the same time, you are outgoing and eager to work with multiple tasks at a time and are good at planning your work. Furthermore, we imagine that you possess the following qualifications:
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to engage with stakeholders to understand and respond to their needs
- Strong verbal skills and ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, is a strong preference
- Knowledge or willingness to learn basic programming (WBA, SQL, C# etc.)
Apply now and join an established company with consistent growth
We’re already looking forward to hearing from you. In case you have questions about the position, please contact Head of Middle Office, Lars Helmer, on +45 60 37 39 28. Please note that applications are handled on an ongoing basis. So, please send your application and CV as soon as possible.